Google killed Quickoffice Pro -- you b@stards!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by TJ61, Oct 8, 2013.

1. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

So, I know that Google took over Quickoffice, and their new app only syncs with Google (oh, and sux). But I thought I'd be fine with my obsolete copy of Quickoffice Pro HD...until today.

Today when I went to Box.com (in Quickoffice Pro) to get a file, I was informed that this feature was going away in 2014.

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Damnit. I knew it was just a matter of time after they did it with the iPhone version, but I am still angry.

Is it possible to get a refund for the app when they remove features?

3. JulianL macrumors 65816

Yup. I'm another very annoyed Pro HD user.

I bought QuickOffice Pro HD and Dataviz DocumentsToGo when I first bought my iPad 1. I'm hoping that if RIM gets sold then Dataviz might get spun out and become independent again, or at least not owned by a handset manufacturer. That might mean it gets more active development on iOS and become a good alternative to QuickOffice. I mostly use the spreadsheet component and I think the DocsToGo engine is actually better than QuickOffice but the user interface for QuickOffice is nicer. A few decent upgrades to the DocsToGo UI and I'd be pretty happy with it. It's actually not that far off right now.