Google Logo

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
It's in braille, because it's Louis Braille's birthday today! Google often changes their logo to reflect important things like this. Click on the logo and it gives you a google search with terms describing the logo.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Also, if you leave your cursor over hte logo for a second or two a message will come up with info about the change. Today's says, "Happy Birthday Louis Braille!" for example.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Jaffa Cake said:
Indeed they do – there's an archive here for you to cast your eyes over. :)
That's a pretty insensitive comment, given the nature of today's logo. :mad:

:p :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Those of you who don't read Braille might be interested to know that the initial five dots (the blue ones) are two Braille characters, not one. The first single-dot code is the code for "capital letter follows" and the second code (four dots) is the code for letter G.

The others are, of course, the codes for letters O, O, G, L, and E, which are lowercase because they do not follow a "capital" code.

The result: "Google"

The colors aren't part of Braille of course, but they help you recognize it as a Google logo!

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
for the future you can simply click on the logo it will explain it directly or it will give you search results that will quickly explain it

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
ITASOR said:
Click on the logo and it gives you a google search with terms describing the logo.
ibook30 said:
or you can click on the logo and it will take yo to search for the subject.
Kwyjibo said:
for the future you can simply click on the logo it will explain it directly or it will give you search results that will quickly explain it
I think we get it by now :p

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Jaffa Cake said:
If it makes you feel any better, I'll go and stand in the naughty corner for a while... ;)
That'll do. Consider your time-out over :D

Edit: I'm attaching a screen-grab of the logo so that tomorrow we won't have a ton of "WTF?" responses if Google doesn't archive this one.

Attachments

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
Some of my friends at school were trying to feel it, you know, like you would if you were blind. It didn't work:eek: .

My favorite from that archive would have to be the one for Frank Lloyd Wright's birthday.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Yeah, I saw this yesterday, didn't think twice about it. Google are always modifying their logo for seasons and events and holidays. Good on them:)

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Jaffa Cake said:
If it makes you feel any better, I'll go and stand in the naughty corner for a while... ;)
Hay Jaffa that's not the naughty corner, you're in the closet.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
kainjow said:
I think we get it by now :p
I apologize for being last, and only glancing and not seeing what everyone else had wrote but man I hate the forums where people are TOO HELPFUL, geez i seriously hate it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.