Google Mail, Contacts, Calendar - All in One App?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EnzoAmata, Dec 5, 2010.

1. EnzoAmata macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

I'm getting my Mac tomorrow I've been using the iPad for a while now and I sync to Calendar, Mail, Contacts using "m.google.com"

I'm wanting to ask if there is a good Mac App, maybe an all in one type app?

2. mcx macrumors newbie

Why use a special app?
    You can use the default mail, calendar and addressbook app to sync with your googlemail account.
    I used it for a long time before I switched to mobilme. Works great.
    No additional app needed.

3. EnzoAmata thread starter macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

I've seen mail and I'd rather a threaded conversation like gmail without using the browser version, I'm already aware of - Sparrow Mail.

Maybe not all in one is what I meant but style and layout is more important to ma and small things like threaded conversations.

4. mcx macrumors newbie

Ok that's right. Threaded conversations are not useful for me so I didn't think about it.
    Do you tested thunderbird mail client?

5. EnzoAmata thread starter macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

Anyone else have anything to contribute? Or are you all off downloading Sparrow Mail ;)

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I tried Sparrow Mail and found it to be clumsy and buggy, reaffirming my habit of not downloading beta software. Even when it reaches a non-beta stage I probably won't use it, because I didn't think it was that great. Looks like a desktop Twitter program to me, which in turn looks like every other desktop Twitter program. It doesn't really offer anything that exciting.

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I believe you can do Gmail and Calendar in Postbox - maybe Contacts as well.

8. EnzoAmata thread starter macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

I've noticed that there does seem to be a divide, people who enjoy beta and people who don't. Understandable, I'm happy to give the beta a go when my iMac arrives.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Any other suggestions please, with threaded conversations.

9. EnzoAmata thread starter macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

I don't have my iMac yet but I've found this post and I was wondering if this might help anyone who is looking for the threaded conversations like gmail but within Apple's own mail app.

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Mail actually has threaded messages (in the View menu) though not exactly the same as Gmail's. you can double click the thread or click the arrow to view the first message in a thread.

11. netbeans macrumors newbie

iCal sync

Thunderbird is great. But i can't figure out how to sync iCal & Notes/Todo with my BB yet. Maybe I'm missing an extension. :confused:

Until then.. I'm sticking to Mail. It's awesome

12. KirkL macrumors 6502