Google map not pinpointing my location anymore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Artikas, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Artikas macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if anybody had the same issue as me.
    Not too long ago google maps was able to pinpoint me to the dot wherever I went. But recently it will just put a big circle around my approximate location (as shown on the picture. I had some of my friends iPhones simontaniously running beside mine and theirs would pinpoint them to the dot, adding to the fact that they are running on the same rogers network. I tried using it on 3G as well as wifi with no luck.

What I’ve tried so far:
    - Reseting the phone using iTunes.
    - Restoring from the backup
    - Reseting the phone by pressing the power button + home button
    - Turning airplane mode on and off
    - Going to settings -> general and reseting location warnings and network settings
    - Turning location services on and off

I am running out of ideas so any help that might solve this issue would be gladly appreciated

[​IMG]

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Well, a few things may be the culprit here. Sometimes the GPS gets "overloaded" so to speak and either takes a very long time to load it or just won't load your current location. And how long have you been waiting for your current location to appear? Sometimes, depending on where I am, it can take up to 2 minutes for my current location to appear.

David