Google Maps all messed up since update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 2rodee, Feb 11, 2008.

1. 2rodee macrumors newbie

Ever since the update back in Jan.. I have a problem with the mapping. Here's the scenerio:

I open a contact in my address book that has an address. I touch the address and the map is really distorted. If I switch the map to aerial view, it might or might not be as skewed. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

The only way it will come in at that point is if I hit the "find me" button which circles which cell tower I am on at the time..

2. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Hmm, I have actually had a complete different experience with the new Maps app. I am yet to have any problems with it. Have you tried doing a restore of your phone? A restore can usually fix pretty much any problem you are having.

3. 2rodee thread starter macrumors newbie

retore

Boy, I hate to sound like a dummy.. but how do I restore again???

I'm sorry..

4. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

No big deal. Just plug your phone into your computer and go to iTunes. Click on your iPhone in the side bar and on the main page that comes up in iTunes there should be a button that says "Check For Update" and another one that says " Restore." Click the restore option and just follow the onscreen instructions.