Google Maps app feature missing?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by francism, Dec 17, 2012.

1. francism macrumors newbie

francism

According to the Google Help page for Maps for mobile > IOS, there should be a link for "recently saved and shared locations". I don't see it - I see Home and Work, that's it. Under Settings I see Maps history, but that is not what I want - I'd like to see the maps I've saved to My Places.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

You have to sign in under your Google account. It will then show ALL recently saved/accessed maps as well as directions whether or not you did them on you phone or computer (as long as you were signed in there as well). It's actually my favorite feature.

3. francism thread starter macrumors newbie

francism

I am signed in to Google - it's the only way to have Home and Work show up. I did manage to get 'Recently saved and shared' to appear, but only after I went to Settings > Map history, tapped on a previously viewed location and tapped Save. Only locations saved from my iPhone appear in 'Recently saved and shared'. I'd like the map of New York I prepared via my Mac appear here.

Thanks.

4. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

My experience (don't remember changing any settings) is that as long as I am signed in when I search, all I have to do is highlight the search box and all previous searches show up underneath. Not sure about saved maps beyond "home" and "work."