Google Maps giving directions to wrong location?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Californian, Jul 27, 2009.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I spent the weekend in San Francisco and noticed that almost everytime I would try to get directions with my iPhone I would input the correct destination, use my "current location" as my origin and it would be accurate, right before I would click "Route" I would check and all the information would be correct and then once I would click "Route" it would route me to a completely different location. ie. I set the destination as 622 Green Street, San Francisco, CA. Everything would check out, then after clicking "Route" I would check it and I was getting directed to 352 Filbert, San Francisco, CA.

I thought it might be localized to San Fran for whatever reason, but as soon as I got back into Orange County I tried and it did the same thing.

Anyone else experience this lately? Thanks

2. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

So today I tried to get directions on my girlfriends iPhone and my iPhone and we both got directed to the wrong location. This is strange.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Where is it that you want to go? I've got a friend that's a cabdriver and he can drive you there. Yeah, it's an exact science when it comes to numbered streets and the use of the words like street, avenue, court, drive, and lane in San Francisco. Maybe if you could use a landmark, like "Apple Store" and let Maps drop pins all over the place.....:(:(:(

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

[​IMG]

Double check. Especially if you're just plugging in a zip code/post code. (since multiple addressses can use a post code, the street and number can help).

5. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

I was pretty specific with Google Maps about where I wanted to go, and it wasn't even close ... we were trying to get to O'Reillys Irish Pub. My girlfriend actually got us directions from MapQuest ... haha. Who even knew they were still around?

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, it's definitely tossed up. I just entered the 622 Green Street and Maps gave me directions to 622 Beach Blanket Babylon Blvd. San Francisco, CA....:confused::confused::confused:

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They have an app.

8. spiders22 macrumors newbie

Just did a MapQuest from 622 Green Street to 622 Beach Blanket Babylon Blvd and MapQuest said that they are the same address

9. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

That's strange, I just did "622 Beach Blanket Babylon Blvd" on Google Maps ( Web, not App ) and it says it's the same location as "622 Green Street", but I will say, the location I got directions to initially when we were walking from the Hilton Financial District was a completely different place, almost the complete opposite direction as well.

Not good news when you're leaving one bar to go to another ... haha