Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
I'm not even going to try to describe this, just look at the pictures.

camye1.jpg

cam1tu2.jpg

cam2kd3.jpg

As you can see, things aren't quite working right. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
If you are a good area of service (i noticed that it can slow down on returning data if I am in a bad area.)

Then turn off your iphone.

Then turn it on again.

It sort of clears the ram fresh...

That's what I would do anyway...

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
If you are a good area of service (i noticed that it can slow down on returning data if I am in a bad area.)

Then turn off your iphone.

Then turn it on again.

It sort of clears the ram fresh...

That's what I would do anyway...

The service is full and I'm of WiFi. I restarted the phone and it did nothing to help it. I have also tried reseting the phone (Holding sleep and home).

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
Might be time for a trip to the friendly Apple store...from postings on MacRumors, it seems like they'll give you a new iPhone for just about anything that goes wrong.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
I also realized I should have asked if it's just that map area. I assume this is an area you've not had problems looking up before and it's doing it for all addresses.

It's more than one area, and I didn't have this problem until I had restored my iPhone to unhack it... so I'm assuming that it was a bad restore download.

At least I hope so and this is the end of it...

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
I haven't hacked mine at all so far...waiting to see if an SDK is pending in October along with Leopard, plus none of the custom apps etc. have seemed exciting enough to bother.

How'd the restore go?

I totally agree with you, the native apps that are out there now seem, to me anyway, like "hey look we can do this!" But none of them really do anything overly useful.

The restore seemed to go OK, and the maps seem to work. I'll post back in a couple of days and let ya know how it worked.

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
I totally agree with you, the native apps that are out there now seem, to me anyway, like "hey look we can do this!" But none of them really do anything overly useful.

The restore seemed to go OK, and the maps seem to work. I'll post back in a couple of days and let ya know how it worked.

Yeah, I think it'd take something really exciting for me, or maybe more time passing after Leopard with nothing new from Apple. I guess I'm still holding out hope for IM to come via iChat instead of a third-party app. That's probably the biggest thing I wish they'd add at this point.

Hopefully your restore this time around is all set. I'll be curious to see if you do start experiencing issues again. I assume it should be fine since restores normally wipe everything back to scratch.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Yeah, I think it'd take something really exciting for me, or maybe more time passing after Leopard with nothing new from Apple. I guess I'm still holding out hope for IM to come via iChat instead of a third-party app. That's probably the biggest thing I wish they'd add at this point.

Hopefully your restore this time around is all set. I'll be curious to see if you do start experiencing issues again. I assume it should be fine since restores normally wipe everything back to scratch.

I suspect that Apple will put out an SDK after Leopard is released (the iPhone is running Leopard and I'm pretty sure Apple wouldn't want to release tons of info on it before the desktop version is out ;)), then we will see some really good apps. As of now the only apps I would install on it would be a REALLY good IM app (comparable to JiveTalk, but native obviously) and a To Do app that syncs up with iCal. Maybe some games too.

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
I suspect that Apple will put out an SDK after Leopard is released (the iPhone is running Leopard and I'm pretty sure Apple wouldn't want to release tons of info on it before the desktop version is out ;)), then we will see some really good apps. As of now the only apps I would install on it would be a REALLY good IM app (comparable to JiveTalk, but native obviously) and a To Do app that syncs up with iCal. Maybe some games too.

All inline with my thoughts. Just hoping the SDK comes soon after or at the same time as Leopard instead of months later. I'm also awaiting the next software update soon to add the WiFi store, now that the iPod Touch is arriving in stores. Obviously the app is written and the store must be up and running, so the next update should presumably be quite soon....

sief

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
Did you get it fixed? Mine has been doing that too for quite some time now.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Did you get it fixed? Mine has been doing that too for quite some time now.

Yeah it's all good now, just restore all it will be fixed. A bit of advice... When you get to the step where it asks to restore from the backup iTunes has, wait for the iPhone to give you a message that says its been activated and then goes to sleep before clicking continue. If you dont you could get a time out error and your backup will be lost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.