Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Hi, Google maps is still not available in my local App Store it seems. Any ideas why they haven't released it? Have they released the app internationally?

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Are you sure you are looking under "iPhone apps" and not "iPad apps" by mistake? Technically, it is an iPhone app only for now.

I'm not sure about that. I checked on my iPhone. Does it automatically filter apps for the specific device ?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-maps/id585027354?mt=8

Click on that and then open in iTunes. It'll re-direct you to your country's store if it is available in your country yet.

The app store was opened when I clicked on that link. but then after few seconds I got a message saying that the app is not available in my local app store. Can I install apps from other app stores other than my local app store?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Can I install apps from other app stores other than my local app store?

No. The only way to get apps from a different App Store is to create an account for that country. But you need an adress and valid payment information. Plus you have to deal with multiple Apple ID. Suggest: don't do it. Can be pain.

Plus there were posts here on MR that in some case Apple closed down those account as they violate the TOS.

In some cases export regulation take place like encryption etc. which are not allowed to bring from US to some named countries. That's why those limitation take place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.