Google Maps not available

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MacMan988, Dec 19, 2012.

1. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

Hi, Google maps is still not available in my local App Store it seems. Any ideas why they haven't released it? Have they released the app internationally?

2. elizacat macrumors newbie

Its available in the UK.

3. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

Seems Google Maps are not available everywhere. They are not available in Dubai, UAE as well…. yet….

4. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Are you sure you are looking under "iPhone apps" and not "iPad apps" by mistake? Technically, it is an iPhone app only for now.

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

i got it in Japan ... where do you life ? Is Google Maps in the browser working for your region ?

6. kolax macrumors G3

7. MacMan988 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure about that. I checked on my iPhone. Does it automatically filter apps for the specific device ?

The app store was opened when I clicked on that link. but then after few seconds I got a message saying that the app is not available in my local app store. Can I install apps from other app stores other than my local app store?

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

No. The only way to get apps from a different App Store is to create an account for that country. But you need an adress and valid payment information. Plus you have to deal with multiple Apple ID. Suggest: don't do it. Can be pain.

Plus there were posts here on MR that in some case Apple closed down those account as they violate the TOS.

In some cases export regulation take place like encryption etc. which are not allowed to bring from US to some named countries. That's why those limitation take place.