Google Maps not working in Safari 3

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
I am having real problems with Safari and Google maps. Firefox loads Google Maps fine, but Safari will not work in certain zoom modes (particularly when viewing the whole of the UK). See image below for explanation.

I have deleted all the library files, cleared the Safari cache and cookies, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Attachments

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Looks like a problem with your internet rather than Safari (you can clearly see the page hasn't finished loading). Curious that it works in Firefox though. No problems here with Safari 3.

Comment

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
Looks like a problem with your internet rather than Safari (you can clearly see the page hasn't finished loading). Curious that it works in Firefox though. No problems here with Safari 3.
I doubt it is the internet, as Exeter is shown in the middle of the sea!

Comment

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
I have now resolved this problem. Apparently it is not uncommon for Google maps to cause a "SYN Flood to Host" error with your Router which results in your router denying you access to certain Google Maps image servers.

This can be solved by changing the firewall settings on your router.

Comment

eight

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
Hello everyone...

How exactly did you fix this problem? I just found it today. 1/17/08

It used to work just fine. I restarted the router, and now i can't see the maps. ONLY in Safari?! It works on everything else.

I'm at a lost...

Comment

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
Hello everyone...

How exactly did you fix this problem? I just found it today. 1/17/08

It used to work just fine. I restarted the router, and now i can't see the maps. ONLY in Safari?! It works on everything else.

I'm at a lost...
Log onto your router and change the firewall settings from say "high" to "medium". Depends what router you've got though. And also depends if you've got the same problem!!

Comment

eight

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
It's a weird problem I noticed it after yesterday's OS update.
If you goto the page directly with the google map on it it doesnt load. But if your on another page then navigate to that google maps page within the same site, it works...

weird.

I don't have 'medium' or 'high' settings on my router but i'll have a look.

Comment

hk8899

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
I still use Safari 3 and I have no problems with google maps. It is weird though!!!! :confused:

Comment

kbou

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2008
Same Maps Issue on Safari

I have the same issue on Safari, and actually on firefox. It's not the internet connection, a PC has no issue loading, I've seen that quite a few people have this problem with maps and Safari. I think it has to do with the fact that Safari sucks.

Comment

BuddyMac

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
Log onto your router and change the firewall settings from say "high" to "medium". Depends what router you've got though. And also depends if you've got the same problem!!
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem.... Pls help me how to resolve it... how do I login to router and change firewall settings.

Comment

Anu Krishna

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Map is printing badly in safari

Map is printing very badly. Shade is comming upon the map. Iam using safari3.

Comment

Anu Krishna

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Hi ,

My safari version is 3.1.2.

In my rails application, i am printing the google map by using "window.print" . Its coming fine in other browsers. But safari printing the map(After clicking on print) with a shade over on it.

I have no idea to resolve it.

Please help.

Thanks,
Anu...

Attachments

Comment

Anu Krishna

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Hi ..

I found the solution for this.
There are so many JS files including in my page. From one of the javascript "lightwindow.js" which applying 0.7 opacity to the lightwindow overlay div.

So i have changed the 0.7 to 0.0. Problem solved.

Now the map is printing fine.

Thanks for the response..

AnuKrishna :cool: :cool: :cool:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.