Google maps on the new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by elmz, Mar 30, 2012.

1. elmz macrumors regular

Is anyone else blown away at how fantastic the details are on the new iPad? Everything looks so fluid and crisp. Forget searching for high definition pictures on the Internet, just open the Maps app and see for yourself how amazing this new display is.

2. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Agreed. So crisp.

3. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

It makes a lot of difference to me - I spend a lot of time pouring over maps (current novel involves a road trip across Japan) and I have to say, the clarity on the new iPad screens is breathtaking.

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Wow, I had not known about the great improvement in clarity until I read this post. I just googled mapped my house and was blown away. This screen is awesome!

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I can't believe I haven't used maps since I got my iPad 3 -- just launched it and it's really amazing in satellite view. The maps load SO much faster now than they used to as well, that's going to come in really handy navigating!

Nice find! :)

6. AceCoolie macrumors regular

Side by side testing with my iPad 2 showed that the new iPad is about .5 seconds slower to render but when it finishes, its MUCH sharper!

7. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Totally agree. I've noticed anything with small fonts benefits tremendously with retina. Google maps looks fantastic.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I just launched for first time now. Does look nice.