google maps street view

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jamesapp, Dec 23, 2008.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

just wondering how to have street view on my maps?
    I watched a video where you can see pictures of the street on a map. Was wondering if i would go into cydia to enable google street view?

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

This is a feature of 2.2 not of JB. Put this thread in the help category not hacks.

3. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

unless he has an ipod touch

4. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

This being the iPhone Hacks forum, then he would still be in the wrong forum. :D

5. jamesapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

google maps street view

just wondering how to enable street view. I think i was told that street view on google maps was included with 2.2? how do you use google street view? is there anything i have to set up in order to use street view? one thing i was thinking was that the street view may not be available for certain locations, i was using a very rural location? will try the empire state building, but anyway any help on using google street view would be appreciated?

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Yes, you're correct...not all places are supported by street view.

To view "street view", you must search for the place. Once the little red pin appears, tap on it and a little icon of a person should appear next to the name of the place. This will enable street view. You can also drop a custom pin in the location (purple pin).

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Right... (I was double checking to make sure I could explain) as I understand it, the icon of a person is the cue that Street View is available. You have to have a pinned location, either by searching or by placing a pin, that shows the icon, before you can see it. Unfortunately, there's no easy way I can see to automatically go to the nearest street views or search for street view points.

EDIT: Here you can see an example with the icon and the street view you get as a result:

[​IMG]

Then I tap on the person icon...

[​IMG]