Google Maps update: no offline maps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kevindosi, Dec 14, 2015.

1. kevindosi macrumors regular

I'm going overseas this evening and was planning on using the offline maps feature in google maps. When I updated to the latest version, though, I could no longer find that functionality. Am I missing something, or did they remove it?

2. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

I have the latest version, I tried to find out how to do this but couldn't find anything, even after following the official help page.

There is this to consider: "Note: Downloading of offline areas isn't available in some regions because of contractual limitations, language support, address formats or other reasons."

3. kave macrumors regular

4. cepenpark macrumors newbie

It was missing for me last night but this morning it has appeared. After a search go into the search detail at the bottom and you will see a download button and also an item in the ... menu.

5. deuxani, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I also don't have a download button in the bottom section after a search and I also don't have an offline areas button in the menu. I redownloaded Google Maps from the App Store, I'm logged in with my account and I even tried to search in San Francisco, but there is no option to download for me.

EDIT: It seems to be US App Store only for now: https://translate.google.com/transl..._medium=twitter#xtor=RSS-1&edit-text=&act=url

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I couldn't figure this out last night but today it seems easy.

File_000.png File_001.png File_002.png File_003.png File_004.png File_005.png File_006.png

7. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Did you have offline maps before the update?

9. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I think I did, but I have to admit that I'm not sure. Maybe it's just working for people who download it from the US App Store (I'm in The Netherlands' App Store).

10. grgsiocl macrumors regular

Can someone share the ipa file who have downloaded from US stores

11. kave macrumors regular

Googles help documents in Swdish suggests that it should work.

12. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

There is a great app called HERE , it works off line practically all over the world

13. Bhavesh Parmar macrumors newbie

I read this in other forums and it worked for me: Use the app for sometime. Restart the phone. Remove the app from multitasking. Now if you open the app, offline download option will appear.