Google Maps w/GPS Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye3000, Sep 22, 2008.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

If I'm using Google Maps for directions on my iPhone 3G, will it automatically go to the next "step"? Also, when using directions, does the blue dot follow?

Thanks

2. c43amg macrumors member

I hope you don't yet have an iphone and if you do have one why dont you just check it yourself?

Anyways, no it will NOT go to the next step automatically. The blue dot does follow, but sometimes with EDGE it stays behind. It all depends on the connection, on 3G it works fine.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You must manually advance the steps.

The blue dot moves. The screen stays static unless you hit the 'target' icon in the lower left. Then the screen follows the dot.

I often create directions and then ignore them. By making directions it puts a purple line on my desired path. I then hit the 'follow' button and just watch the dot to make sure I'm still on the path.

This works well in local areas where I know the area, just not the place I'm going. If I'm in another city then the step-by-step directions are more critical.

4. c43amg macrumors member

Ok, you have posted before and you DO have an iphone so why didn't you check this yourself on your iphone? I normally like to help people if I know something but hated when people are just plain lazy to at least try things themselves!

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

If you don't know anything, don't post. Stick to reading "macrumors newbie"

Thanks small white car