Google Maps won't work on MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bowens, Mar 18, 2009.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I have a white MacBook 2.2 running 10.5.6. I use Google Maps all the time and in the last two days it has stopped working. The initial page loads but then when I search for something at the top it says "Loading" then changes to "Still loading... Slow? Try Basic HTML." I know I could use another map site but I use a webpage that calculates the fastest roundtrip for multiple locations and it uses Google Maps and this is causing that site not to work. It is happening in both Safari and Firefox. I have the newest version of each. Javascript is enabled. I have done every update possible. I have changed my DNS back and forth between the ones from my ISP and some from OpenDNS. There is another macbook on our network identical to mine that is working fine as is a MacBook Pro. I have not been able to get anything done today at work because of this. Any ideas?

2. belvdr macrumors 601

I had this issue with Firefox and it was some extension I had installed.

3. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have been getting that in Safari, I think ever since I installed Beta 4. I am running Webkit nightly as of a few weeks ago and still getting it. I have to switch to Firefox to get it to work.

4. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

Mine is not working in Safari or Firefox.

5. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

I disabled all extensions and it still is not working.

6. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

I just tested something else. I logged into an account that is never used and it did not work on it either, so it is not an issue with my account.

7. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

This still is not working. This is really slowing my job down a lot. I tried rolling back to the previous version of Safari (not that that would have done anything since it is a problem on Firefox as well). I tried multiple DNS servers so I don't think it's a DNS issue. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do.

8. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

It also does not work on other networks. I have tried it on multiple networks and no dice.

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Its because of Safari 4 BETA.

When you uninstall it, it doesn't uninstall the whole program and its settings, you have to run a full cleanup to eraze everything, then download and reinstall Safari 3.

10. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "run a full cleanup?" I ran the uninstaller that came with safari.