Google Mini?

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
pilzbury said:
A new link has appeared on www.google.com - Google is advertising there own Google mini. As I highly doubt that this will be any competition for Apple. I find it interesting that they took the same name on something great and used it for there own. Here is product information about it. http://www.google.com/enterprise/mini/
I think that existed before the Mac mini. And yes, at $4,995, I don't think the two products exactly compete.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
wait, why did apple come out with a computer named after an iPod which was named after a car?!?!! now google is naming a server after a comoputer? . . . . . . .
. . . its just a name. anyone can use it. unless i copyright the word 'the' then noone can use 'the' in the title of a product!!! or maybe i should just go for the letter i "i" is my letter and noone can use it in their product name!!!!!

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
wPod said:
wait, why did apple come out with a computer named after an iPod which was named after a car?!?!! now google is naming a server after a comoputer? . . . . . . .
. . . its just a name. anyone can use it. unless i copyright the word 'the' then noone can use 'the' in the title of a product!!! or maybe i should just go for the letter i "i" is my letter and noone can use it in their product name!!!!!
umm.. unless i'm mistaken this google server has been around for a long time.. or was it yellow? hm.. not sure.. either way they have been making servers such as this for awhile now.. it's more competition for os x server.. yet it appears this is simply a search engine machine rather than a "server" per say.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
wordmunger said:
I think that existed before the Mac mini. And yes, at $4,995, I don't think the two products exactly compete.

Lets just do a little adjusting to that price:

Google mini: $4,995

<---move and convert the "'," into "." move 2 numerics and you have $499.5 ---> ;) :)

Mac mini: $499

What next people will compare the mini cooper to the Mac mini? :p :)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Logik said:
umm.. unless i'm mistaken this google server has been around for a long time.. or was it yellow? hm.. not sure.. either way they have been making servers such as this for awhile now.. it's more competition for os x server.. yet it appears this is simply a search engine machine rather than a "server" per say.
This is the mini version of the yellow one. The yellow one handles up to 1.5M documents and comes in several sizes....

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
mkrishnan said:
This is the mini version of the yellow one. The yellow one handles up to 1.5M documents and comes in several sizes....
ok gotcha, i thought it was a different color but didnt' have the time read the whole page and such.. my bad :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.