Google Music Beta - No sound on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yepyep, Jun 11, 2011.

1. yepyep, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

yepyep macrumors newbie

I can't get any sound from google music beta on my iPhone4 via safari or other browsers like Mercury Browser. Shows bars moving next to the song but no sound.

Any ideas?

I know the interface is not really meant for iPhone, but many ppl have reported that it does work.

2. dsa1971 macrumors regular

I have the exact same issue

3. robbysibrahim, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

robbysibrahim macrumors member

robbysibrahim

same issue on iPhone 4 and iPad 1

Edit: working! apparently pressing the big, white Play button was the WRONG thing Google wanted me to do. Instead, find the little, tiny triangle next to one song, click it, click Play Song on the drop down. That seems more natural doesn't it? Incidentally, ever since playing the first song, the big white Play button now functions like you would expect; and so do the next and previous buttons.

I first discovered the little, tiny drop down button while watching this guy's video demo

4. sumsh macrumors newbie

I have the same issue, but using the tiny drop-down button still doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem? Also, using Firefox 4 on my Windows 7 64-bit PC results in the same problem. No sound. Google Chrome works, however (go figure).

5. slu macrumors 68000

slu

Same issue here. I can usually get it working by using the trick above or by clicking pause and then play. But it sure is annoying.

6. sumsh macrumors newbie

Yeah, I got it working using the pause/play trick, even using the big play button.