Google music question

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by sentinelsx, Feb 21, 2013.

1. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Ok so i know that i need to pay $25 to Apple to allow me to use iCloud with my non-itunes purchased music that doesn't have a match. And i don't want to do that.

How does google music work?

How i want these clouds to work is: i set up my music on PC to auto sync to the "cloud" and same with the mobile device, and then not only just stream, but download it locally on any device as well.

Does google music do that? thanks.

2. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Yes - you download the music manager app to your computer and set a folder to sync with it. I do this with my iTunes folder and have that folder set to sync with iTunes....

Essentially, my entire library and everything I purchase from here on out through iTunes is automatically added to that folder and then to both Google Play Music Cloud and iTunes match.

It's a wonderful process! Well worth the $25 a year on Apple's side, though i'm not complaining about it being free on the Google side.

3. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Any other computer you install the Google Music app on can download the entire library.
    [​IMG]

In turn, any Android device you use your music on can pin the albums/songs you select which will download the tracks to your device.
    [​IMG]

You can also download songs/albums from the web interface but I believe this is restricted to 2 times (to stop people sharing their account and downloading songs at will I assume)
    [​IMG]

4. sentinelsx thread starter macrumors 68010

I see. Thanks both of the posters. Will get that program setup over the weekend.

5. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Can you download individual songs to your mobile or only entire play lists or artists?

6. marc11 macrumors 68000

Yes

7. jamojamo macrumors 6502

Are you sure? The only time I saw the 'pin to device' was in the playlist or album view.

Am I missing it somewhere?

8. marc11 macrumors 68000

Hmm now you are making me doubt myself, I will check later, but I am using it on my Nexus 7 so not sure if the options are different. I will check and confirm, but I was pretty sure I saw those options....could be wrong, it happens often my wife tells me.

9. jamojamo macrumors 6502

Hey, I could be wrong too, it's been known to happen as my wife has reminded me many times!

10. AmtrakRider macrumors member

you can download individual tracks when looking at the song list touch the small arrow well more like a triangle you can select download from there.

11. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I don't have this option. Queuing the song doesn't download it locally.

Attached Files:

12. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Mine looks the same