Google Music WebApp Not Playing when screen turns off

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ra1nwoman, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ra1nwoman macrumors newbie

I'm using ios 6 on iPhone 4s.

Before upgrading "google music" webapp used to work fine when the phone auto-locks and I can control the music with the screen turned off (by double clicking the home button and using the controls in the lock screen).

But now, it doesn't seem to work. The audio shuts off as soon as the screen turns off automatically after a minute or so.

Anyone facing this problem? If yes, any solutions would be appreciated...

2. serveradmnstrtr macrumors member

Although I can't speak for that particular issue, I've never had much luck with the WebApp before so I moved over the Apps for Google Music.

If you are looking for a good one, GoMusic has been the best one I've tried. Its only $.99 and has a lot of great features. gMusic is also available but Ive found that it tends to duplicate my albums for no reason, not sure why.

If you don't want to pay for an App, there's a free version of "Melodies" that is Ad-Supported but works like a charm and also works in the Background when the screen is off.

3. ra1nwoman thread starter macrumors newbie

I use my Google account for a lot of critical reasons and so I don't want to provide my password to run-of-the-mill third party apps...

Anyone who has been using this earlier without any issues, please let me know if you face any issues now (or it is just me :confused:)... Thanks in advance.

4. ra1nwoman thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?

If this change was intentional from Apple's side, it could very well be targeted towards Google (they got maps and native YouTube out). Just saying...