Google myMaps for iphone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by csmitty, Nov 3, 2008.

1. csmitty macrumors regular

Tried searching but those combinations don't really narrow down that much. But I was wondering if there was a way (JB or not) to implement my maps to the native app. I found a sited that makes alink for you then email to yourself which is ok i suppose, then bookmark the locations. But I was looking for something little easier. Maybe app store or cydia or something i'm missing.

thanks.

2. joshigh macrumors member

Hopefully Google will be rolling this out to in a future release. I've just started using MyMaps on Google Maps and it's awesome. I'd love to make it portable on my iPhone.

3. adamski3000 macrumors newbie

4. jruths macrumors newbie

Google MyMaps natively on iPhone!

All,

I agree with all of you entirely. I was very surprised that neither Google or Apple decided to implement this important functionality. I just finished writing an app that enables viewing and navigating with your Google My Maps. Despite the few hurdles involved, the app is quite seamless and easy to use. More importantly all the html detail you painstakingly added in Google My Maps is visible. The maps are stored locally on your iPhone so they are quick to load. You can create routes between any/all of the locations that you select in your loaded Maps. The app is "My Maps" and here is a direct link (this will open the App Store in iTunes):

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321930101&mt=8

Although this is a plug for my own app, I definitely think this will address all of your concerns and finally enable us all to use Google My Maps more natively on the iPhone. I am ready to give the first 3 people who respond to this post a promo code for a free download so that the community (via your reviews) can see that the app works well and addresses this issue. Thanks and happy mapping!

5. saldawop macrumors regular

I would like to try your app, sounds promising.

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Very interested in a promo code!

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I am also very interested in it!

8. jmccray macrumors regular

am i too late? i would love one

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'd like to try as well

I could use this app and would be happy to review it for you, thank you! wow we move fast lol!

10. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I know the chances are slim but I will throw my post out there - would like to try the app as well.

11. jruths macrumors newbie

Thanks for the interest!

saldawop, STEVESKI07, jmccray, labman, AbSoluTc please send me an email (mymaps AT rrd DOT ruthsnet DOT com) (Mlrollin91 already got it, thanks). All others, look on different blog posts! Since you're getting it for free, please leave a true, but thoughtful review both here at at the App store. Comments are also appreciated.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

13. saldawop macrumors regular

14. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Where should I leave feedback? Here or email?

Thanks by the way. The app is pretty sweet! :D

15. EricY macrumors newbie

For those of you who are looking for an easy way to view your google my maps on your iphone, I've just released an app that allows you to log into your google account and view all of your google maps on the iphone. It's called myGmaps. Try it out. Let me know whether there are any features you'd want which aren't currently in either our app, or the built in google app. (We're trying not replicate built in functionality if at all possible)

16. michaeltyson, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010

michaeltyson macrumors newbie

Hi!

Begin shameless plug: Another option is The Cartographer which I've just released, after 10 months in the making (not that I've stopped there) - you can view and edit My Maps, including dragging placemarks around, and it has offline features too.

MacStories says "The Cartographer is a beautiful app that does something you sure haven’t seen anywhere else on the iPhone.", and AppleTell says "It’s a Google My Maps program with some really useful features, but that’s not why you want it. You want it because it’s awesome."

If you give it a go, I'd love to hear what you think.

End shameless plug!

17. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

I think that Google MyTracks might be able to read (as well as write) MyMaps. Not sure. Check it out

18. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Begin shameless begging : Are you in for some promo code too ?
    End shameless begging
    :eek:

19. michaeltyson macrumors newbie

That I am ;-) We give out promo codes pretty regularly in our newsletter (just did one yesterday, actually, with 3 codes)

20. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Signed up as I'm interested as well and you guys have some fantastic apps.

21. labman macrumors 604

labman

this is a old thread not sure they are still giving out promo codes.

22. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

I ended up buying it few weeks ago :D

23. michaeltyson macrumors newbie

Oh, we are! We do it every now and then with the newsletter =)