Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve~Jobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
I noticed that when I upgraded to 5.1 Google was taken out of the built in bookmarks in Safari. Now only Apple, AT&T and iPhone User Guide show up on the built in bookmark list. Of course you can still Google at the top of Safari with the search box, so not sure why they removed it from the bookmarks?

Your thoughts....

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
For me it's the first bookmark that gets deleted anyway. The search bar fulfills all my googling needs.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I noticed that when I upgraded to 5.1 Google was taken out of the built in bookmarks in Safari. Now only Apple, AT&T and iPhone User Guide show up on the built in bookmark list. Of course you can still Google at the top of Safari with the search box, so not sure why they removed it from the bookmarks?

Your thoughts....

Read the Help file and add your own bookmark for Google.

Steve~Jobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Read the Help file and add your own bookmark for Google.

I know how to add bookmarks. I think a pile of rocks could figure that out. My point was that it's interesting how Apple is moving away from Google more and more.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
That shouldn't be a surprise, given the intense competition level between Apple and Google. Personally, Google's flagrant use of personal data is worrisome. It's bad enough you are vulnerable no matter what you do, but if you read Google's privacy policy, they make no bones they are targeting you for ads, like it was some sort of benefit of dealing with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.