Google Now adding Bill Pay reminder cards?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Looks like Google Now may be adding this feature in the next update according to sourcecode found and articulated at Android Police.

Link to article: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/29/rumor-google-now-will-help-you-remember-pay-your-bills-apk-teardown/

So, Google Now in conjunction with Google Wallet to pay bills? If you already have Google Wallet installed and actively using it, this seems like a pretty easy thing to add, just not sure how Google plans to bypass bank verification without the user going through the hassel of adding their GWallet account to their bank or banks in order to transfer money from their account to an external institution for bill pay purposes? Also not sure if many people will trust Google with something as sensitive as bill reminders?

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

If it's as good as the Manilla App I use. Then I'm all for bill reminders from Google.

3. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I started with Manilla and switched to Mobilligy. Like Mobilligy a bit more. But yeah, if it is as good as those I'll use it.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Never heard of Mobilligy, I just checked out the site. Don't think I would pay bills within the app though. Have you tried that?

Manilla has come a long way from what it used to be, but the UI does need a refresh.

5. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I don't use it to pay bills. I go through the bank, electric co, gas co, etc... to pay my bills.