Google Now Enforcing Tablet Specific Apps

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Via Google+ ANDROID DEVELOPERS posting dated 21 Nov:

Google is really going after developers to make tablet specific apps. This is a good thing for tablet users on Android. Glad to see Google being proactive.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I wouldn't say that Google is being proactive on this. I would say they are way overdue in implementing this change.

3. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Yeah, you are correct. Perhaps 'proactive' is a bit of an overstatement. At least 'now', Google is 'actively' persuing developers to make Tablet specific apps.

And it most definitely is long overdue!

4. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

There still aren't that many tablet apps, however this is a start. I hope there is more to follow. Having said that, although the Google ecosystem isnt quite up there with Apple's. In the 1 year and 8 months things have improved a lot. When I first started using android, you could only get apps and games from the play store (UK). Now you can get music, movies and TV shows, magazines and books. A lot more apps are now available on android. I think things are going in the right direction.