Google Opinion Rewards app

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mclld, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

2. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

The first survey was all political, ughhhh I am disgusted by our political system. How often do get surveys?

3. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I have averaged 1 per day so far. My first one was political as well, but the one I got today was questions from all over the place (ranging from greenhouse gases, electric vehicle use, the US response in Libya and what State I live in). I can only assume that Google is attempting to narrow down what topics you know about, how you lean politically, are you a 'green' person, what kind of electronics you use, and so forth.

Supposedly, the surveys will get more in line with your personal viewpoints the more you take. I believe this is Google's way of getting Google Now to become more 'self-aware' to each users needs. Sky-Net here I come. :D

4. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

Did you get a credit most of the days? The first survey wasnt long and tedious at all, hopefully they are all like that

5. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I have averaged between 75 cents and a dollar per survey (I've only had 3 though). None have taken more than 5 minutes of my time. Although I have seen posts on G+ of people getting as much as $5 for their surveys. I would hazard to guess those probably take more than 5 minutes. But I haven't gotten one of those yet.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

7. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

If you haven't received a survey from Google yet (indicated by an icon in your status bar), then there is nothing to activate. Once you get your first survey, then you should have an account and clicking on the app icon should work. I say should, because when I tryied to click on it before I got a survey it force closed as well. After my first survey, I have had no issues.

8. kalex macrumors 65816

Installed it too. Got my first real survey today. Political one was a test to get you familiar with the system. New survey was very brief 9 questions and took less than 5 minutes. Got $1 added to my account. Not bad

9. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

finished the survey, said there was a problem submitting and it would try later?
    no money added, nice

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Same for me.