Google Photos vs. iCloud Photos

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by boo98, May 10, 2017.

1. boo98 macrumors newbie

Does anyone use Google Photos on their iPhone/Mac? I currently use iCloud Photos but wondering what are the advantages of using Google.

2. applelover4u macrumors 6502

Google photos is better to me but I wonder if I should trust google with my photos

3. SydneyBarrett macrumors newbie

SydneyBarrett

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I use both. Redundant systems is a thing.

I've been using Google Photos for many years, so I just continue to back up everything to Google. When I got my first iPhone, that didn't change.

5. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Google Photos offers you more free capacity than iCloud. The only thing that hampers Google Photos is you cannot transfer manually photos from your photo album to Google Photos. The no share feature is strange considering you can open a photo direct to google drive but not photos. You have to enable sync feature instead.

6. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I use both I tend to flip from Android to iOS irregularly. I tend to like Google Photos more as it tends to sync things I like (like faces) between devices. Maybe Apple will do the same thing with iOS 11.

7. Teknikarin macrumors newbie

Teknikarin

Hi guys
    I am useing Google Photos because it saves all picture in the “cloud”. I can also delete pictures that are synchronised from my iPhone and the picture is still in the “cloud”.

iCloud does only “save” up to 1.000 pictures att time and if you delete a picture from your iPhone - it will also deletes from the iCloud. But is there a way to delete it from your iPhone but not iCloud?