Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idck_cn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2017
Moscow Kremlin
No punch hole, Just like 3a/aL

4a will come with 3000 mAh

4aL will come with 3700 mAh

Each of them has two different battery's manufactory. Sunwoda Electronic and HuiZhou Desay Battery

Will ship with new Google Camera go app.

Band support also locked depends country's version that purchase via firmware unchangeable by user.

A likely two new format antenna that identified each other. (Similar to Antenna that used on Samsung S20 Ultra models)

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I would be interested in upgrading from my 3xl if the camera is as good or better and it has similar water resistance. The battery life would be my compelling reason, it is not good on my 3 XL. I am happy with the phone other than that and I like the fingerprint sensor on the back

idck_cn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2017
Moscow Kremlin
I would be interested in upgrading from my 3xl if the camera is as good or better and it has similar water resistance. The battery life would be my compelling reason, it is not good on my 3 XL. I am happy with the phone other than that and I like the fingerprint sensor on the back
Yes. 4a series will have water resistance similar to 3XL.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
No punch hole, Just like 3a/aL

4a will come with 3000 mAh

4aL will come with 3700 mAh

Each of them has two different battery's manufactory. Sunwoda Electronic and HuiZhou Desay Battery

Will ship with new Google Camera go app.

Band support also locked depends country's version that purchase via firmware unchangeable by user.

A likely two new format antenna that identified each other. (Similar to Antenna that used on Samsung S20 Ultra models)
Where are you getting your info and what's a 4 aL? All signs point to just one size "a" model this year.

idck_cn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2017
Moscow Kremlin
Where are you getting your info and what's a 4 aL? All signs point to just one size "a" model this year.
There will be 4a and 4aL two model different size of battery and other components. Google canceled 2020 I/O not means that they won't launch a hardware.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 11.17.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 11.19.01 AM.png

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Google Pixel 4A to be announced on July 13th.

It was original set for May, then got pushed to June and now July.

• Wow
Reactions: 5105973

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
Google Pixel 4A to be announced on July 13th.

It was original set for May, then got pushed to June and now July.

With it being shipped in August as well.

Would that really be enough for people to buy an SE? I mean if you’re wanting a device then surely you’d be ok waiting rather than move ecosystems...

Or am I just that naive these days?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
With it being shipped in August as well.

Would that really be enough for people to buy an SE? I mean if you’re wanting a device then surely you’d be ok waiting rather than move ecosystems...

Or am I just that naive these days?
I don’t think diehard Android fans are looking to switch to iOS. Regardless if the 4A shipped in May, it wouldn’t sell more than the SE. Google smartphones aren’t popular...at all. Those who are waiting on the 4A would be better off waiting on the price drop of a Android flagship.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
New leak says Pixel 4a will launch on July 13 with Just Black and Barely Blue color options

With another leak suggesting the Pixel 4a could be available for just $350, it is looking like one of the best mid-range phones this year.

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
well...you can pick up the Pixel 4 and XL at pretty reasonable prices right now. In most ways it will be better than the 4a anyway.

Was just referring to all the bad press Google is receiving at the moment-can’t do anything right it seems.

Hopefully the P5 will impress like I expect the 4a to.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Was just referring to all the bad press Google is receiving at the moment-can’t do anything right it seems.

Hopefully the P5 will impress like I expect the 4a to.

At this rate they’ll be released too close to each other and cannibalise sales from one another and likely those waiting for the 4a will have bought something else by the time it ever gets released and ships.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
At this rate they’ll be released too close to each other and cannibalise sales from one another and likely those waiting for the 4a will have bought something else by the time it ever gets released and ships.

Rumors are that the Pixel 5 models will now also be delayed. And I can’t see anybody chomping at the bit waiting with anticipation for the 4a models. It’s not the type of device early adopters are clamoring for. Consumers spending $300-400 on their phones get whatever they can get when the time comes to upgrade their phone.

Steven-iphone

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2020
United States
Google needs to sell the Pixel 4a now, and launch it with the Pixel 5 as the little brother phone already on the market. 3-months is a long wait for the 4a - the SE2 is currently taking in all those consumer dollars.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I’m sure we will know and see reviews for it by June if history is anything to go by...
Yes Pixels are very “leaky”. I guess they have experts to read the market for them. But I would have thought if the units are ready to ship they may as well put them out there.

If I was going for a Pixel this might be the one I’d get. Get the headphone jack back, for one thing. But my 3XL is still going strong, and actually so is my Pixel 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.