Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I read the leaks of $400 and was skeptical but honestly this might vault to the top of the best budget phones out there imo and I havent ever owned a Pixel.

I battle back and forth on a used 3 or get the 3a.

I really value wireless charging/camera as my top priorities so the lean is the 3 for now though.
I could not live without wireless charging tbh. I have wireless chargers all over my house.....

Reactions: co.ag.2005

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I could not live without wireless charging tbh. I have wireless chargers all over my house.....

Yea that is the biggest for me and water resistance.

I have a wireless charger in my car now and its super convenient and I am constantly at pools, water parks, splash pads with kids and water resistance enables so much cooler shots and access.

Very tempted for that price but I hope to see an influx of Pixel 3s hit Swappa for a good price soon or maybe even some TMobile deals.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Nice phones...would consider for my kids if they wanted to move from iOS (which they won’t :(). I personally like the purple-ish color. Curious why the XL has a lower resolution than the standard 3a...:confused:

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Last edited:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Gotta say..... that 5.6” Pixel 3A is one heck of a bargain here in the UK! The camera will be loaded and it has an OLED screen APPLE!! No doubt this year the XR will still have an LCD..

Damn it reminds me of my Nexus 5, an awesome low cost device.

What was interesting? Google admiring they aren’t selling many phones at high prices... no really??
This is something Apple would NEVER admit to, despite apparently shipping 30% fewer iPhones! That’s a massive drop!

With this response from Google, it will be interesting to see what Apple does, plus these new Pixels no doubt have Qualcomm modems!
[doublepost=1557259355][/doublepost]
Made by LG and HTC? Dying device makers.

What? LG the ones who make iPhone screens? Yeah really dying...

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think I'll wait to see what T-Mobile offers before I jump on the BestBuy deal of $100 Gift Card.

Hopefully T-Mobile doesn't do a deal where you need to open a new line.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
This feels like an intelligent step forward for Google. Would jump on the XL just for fun if I had the extra cash lying around. Might have gone for it instead of the OP 6T and saved me a buck if I hadn't already made the purchase. At first I saw that the screen size is 6" to the 6T's 6.4" but then I remembered that anyway I have the top of my screen blacked out to hide that annoying pimple notch....so the screen sizes would be effectively almost the same for me ;)

Reactions: tbayrgs and sracer

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I can't see any size comparissons to the regular Pixel 3's. Are they they same size?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.