Google Play Newsstand Dark/ Night mode?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MBX, Nov 25, 2013.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

So I just switched to Google's Play Newsstand from Flipboard and I love it. Much more fluid and pretty. The Flipboard was cool a while ago but got a bit tired of it now.

However since Newsstand lets you bookmark articles, there's no options to use a dark/ night mode on those articles?

For now seems it can't replace apps like Pocket & Instapaper for such things, right?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Wait a week or so. Someone will mod it on XDA with a black/dark theme. :D

3. MBX, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013

MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

One thing confusing me a bit tho is every time you refresh it reshuffles older articles to the top. A bit confusing. Wish it was more chronological in time.

For example there's articles only 10-45 minutes old yet it's way below articles that are hours old. Why is that? Really confusing :/

4. maithly macrumors newbie

I know I can't base others' decisions to make my own, everyone has their own needs, I'm just curious as to what your guys' input is!

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I believe it learns what articles you view most and puts those first. That could be the reason, but I am not 100% sure.