Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
So, I am trying to access my Google+ account but I can not get passed the log in page. The log in page is the desktop version, then I type my info in and it redirects me to a mobile version that presents nothing but the Google logo in the upper left hand corner with the option of Gmail. What gives? I don't want a mobile version on my iPad. So is there a way to work around the mobile redirection?

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Try it with another browser, and set user agent to desktop. That should do the trick

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
So, I used a different browser, but I'm pretty sure it's on Google's side as far as it not showing up on Safari at all. While attempting to switch from the mobile setting to the desktop setting it prompted me to download a new browser that supported it. So, I guess we'll have to wait it out.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Weird! Try just logging into your gmail, then clicking in the very top, upper left corner for your plus account. That's how I did it, then just bookmarked the page.

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
I log into my Gmail account (which defaults to a mobile version as well) and then tap on the Google+ logo in the top left and we are back to the original problem. Are you able to use Google+ on your iPad? Is anyone able to?

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
So I'd have to use a different browser to access my account? No thank you. I guess I'll have to wait for Google to fix their side. Thanks anyway guys!

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
Google+ works just fine for me either in mobile or desktop mode so likely just your issue. Sorry don't know how to fix your problem though.

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
So if it's just isolated to me, what could possibly be different? Is there something different comparing settings between iPads, or settings in Google+? I've searched and searched and I am at a loss

----------

Problem solved; turn private browsing off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.