Google QuickSearchBox - some questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mgpg89, Oct 13, 2009.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

I started using Google's QSB today as a replacement for Quicksilver, but I still have a couple of questions.

In Quicksilver, when I repeat the same search a few times and select the same hit a couple of times, it remembers that's the one I want and makes it the default hit for that specific search ... It remembers what I want.
    QSB doesn't seem to do that ... at least not by default.

Example .. when I invoke QSB and type 'dj' ... I want the iTunes DJ to start, but instead, the default hit is the Parental Controls preference pane (for some strange reason) ... any way to fix this?

In Quicksilver, when I want to access someone's Facebook profile quickly, I simply enter their name in Quicksilver, press right arrow, type 'fa' (from facebook) hit Return and I'm there.
    But in QSB, you can't do that... or so it seems.

Any remarks/suggestions?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I can't answer your questions since I don't use QSB, but as a Quicksilver user I have some questions for you. :rolleyes:

What made you decide to make the jump? I haven't really looked at QSB, but I'm still in love with Quicksilver.

Makes perfect sense to me. I wouldn't want my kids dating a DJ either.

How did you set that up?

3. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Downloaded and installed QSB to check it out.
    I'm not a Quicksilver power user, just use it to launch apps, contacts etc ... and QSB does that very well, looks sleeker, is more stable and is under active development.
    That's why I made the switch. But if I can't solve these 'issues', I'm probably going to use QS again. The 'make default' in the contextual menu in QS is great, which QSB had it too.

Just enter the Facebook URL for each contact in Address Book.
    Kinda tedious, but worth the effort IMHO.