Google Reader crashing firefox 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mgirg, Aug 20, 2008.

1. mgirg macrumors regular

Hi,

Evere since firefox 3 came out i have been using it (since beta4) and i love it. Ther is one problem though and it happens wiht every version i have had (now using 3.0.1) and before i even installed any plugins.

When i use google reader and I scroll with 2 finger scroll on the trackpad of my macbook pro it repeatedly crashes firefox, not every time, but very frequently and often enough to be really irritating. I am running a macbook pro with 10.5.4 and it happened with 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 as well.

Does anyone now why it is happening or how i can fix it (short of scrolling wiht the space bar)

Thanks

Mike

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suspect that either the scroll behavior setting is not what it should be, or you've found a bug in Firefox. To check the first cause, type about:config into the address bar of Firefox. This will bring up a page with a bunch of settings. Scroll down to the mouse section - this is where the scroll settings are.

3. mgirg thread starter macrumors regular

thanks but if that is the case wouldnt it crash on other sites not just google reader - google reader is the only site where it crashes?

4. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

This happens to me on a daily basis, with any kind of scrolling. The problem isn't with the scrolling itself, but with Google Reader trying to load the upcoming feed items before you get to them. At some point, FF3 can't handle it and crashes.

5. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

i use google reader in firefox 3 every day and its never crashed. i use 2 fingered scrolling too.