Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Is there an RSS application that syncs with Google Reader? I've been looking for one to go with Byline....

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
Make your own! Using Google Reader; Fluidapp; and Helvetireader

I'm using Helvetireader right now after I switched from NetNewsWire but people should be aware that the developer is no longer updating it because he moved to using the Fever reader.

I don't consider Fluid by itself enough of an option because you might as well be using Safari and it lacks the redesign of Helvetireader.

Right now there are almost no options except one previously mentioned in this thread, Eventbox ($25.00), and NetNewsWire.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
I have not tried this myself; but I'm curious. Have you actually done it this way?

Yep, but it didn't quite work for me the way they did it. There was something wrong for me everytime I tried to edit the Javascript file. I had to download XCode and use the script editor for it to work in my case.

It's a great design but since it's no longer being developed it will be broken once Google changes anything. If someone is willing to pick up where the developer left off that could change.

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
I really like NetNewsWire, just because it syncs with google reader so I can see my RSS feeds anywhere and don't have to go through and update which ones I have read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.