Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Hi, I have installed the google search app and I am pleasantly surprised by its voice recognition software. I keep seeing everywhere that it will speak back to you, but I have been unable to get it to do do. Am I missing something or is there some set function needed to get it speak back to you?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I haven't heard that, but maybe you're thinking of iOS's Accessibility features. It's under Settings, General and Accessibility then Hearing.

Edit: I found the Google feature.... getting ready to upload some photos.

IMG_3327.PNG

IMG_3326.PNG

Last edited:

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
First wrong forum, second it's only when it's a question that it can normally answer without having to load a web page, like "who won the football game last night" or "what is 3 x 23"

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Sorry, first post and realised too late that I had posted it the wrong forum. Thanks for the replies.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
First wrong forum, second it's only when it's a question that it can normally answer without having to load a web page, like "who won the football game last night" or "what is 3 x 23"

I moved it to the proper forum.

Sorry, first post and realised too late that I had posted it the wrong forum. Thanks for the replies.

Check out my updated post above.

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Just in case anyone in the uk are struggling to get the app to speak back to you, you need to change the language in the settings to u.s English. If you have it set to u.k English the setting disappears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.