Google Search bar widget - Android-style?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigsexyy81, Mar 25, 2011.

1. bigsexyy81, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I've seen a couple of attempts to get a Google Search bar added as a widget to iOS at modmyi, but haven't heard or seen any successful attempts.

Has anyone seen this done successfully? Would complete my home screen perfectly! A functional voice search would be outstanding but not critical.

[​IMG]

2. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

:D --> Whenever I see this in thread title, I think that someone has some solution for a problem mentioned in the title....

People should learn to put thread title correctly with either question mark or solution etc...

I know you put ? but that :D was deceiving!!

Anyway, this is internet...enjoy!!

3. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Having a lovely day which was the reason for the smile, but I shall accommodate in case others think the same way. :eek:

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I want! :D That would be an awesome widget to have. I really hope this gets made.

5. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

6. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Download smart screen from Cydia and you can have that widget on ur lock screen. I have it on my iPad. I bought smart screen but for the iPhone the lite version would be perfect because it only allows you to use 3 widgets. Can't fit more than that on the iPhone anyway. Hope that helps

7. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

Thanks!! It just that some time :D gets me excited about the new awesome feature but then when I see the actual description of the thread I see that someone is asking the question and then I become :eek:

By the way, for lovely day :D

8. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

@jbarresi Thanks! Best option I have seen yet!

Being the superficial person I am, I'd prefer to have one on the home page that looks and functions like the Google one above if it is out there. :cool:

9. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

No problem....and the search bar from smartscreen is pretty cool because it's not just for google. You can search yahoo, twitter, wiki, and some other search engines/info sites.

10. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I actually really like the functionality... just not the appearance so much.