Google Search Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by noodlz1472, Feb 17, 2012.

1. noodlz1472 macrumors member

Quick question. Whenever I search in Google for anything, then go back to the search and want to change or add something, when I click in the search box, it goes back to the words from a previous search.

To clarify, say I Google New York Knicks, then I want to change Knicks to Rangers when I click on the "Knicks" in the search bar, it'll automatically bring back a whole different search...not sure if I'm being perfectly clear, so please let me know.

Thanks all...

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Please be more specific.

Is this in Safari, Chrome, Firefox or any other program?
    Are you surfing to google.com or are you using a short cut in the program (like the right upper bar, or the url bar in Chrome).

3. smphoto macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I have the same problem.

I will do a search on Google's home page. After the results appear, I then click in the search box to alter the text input in the search box. When I do that, it instantly changes to a previous, unrelated search I did earlier in the day.

It also happens if I navigate to one of the resulting pages linked from the search results and then click the back button. The search box shows a previous search query instead of the search query that resulted in the results that I clicked on.

This happens in Safari when I am not logged into any of Google's services. I have not tested this in Chrome or Firefox.

I think it is a bug with Google instant, where is rewrites the query to a previous query without any user interaction besides clicking into the search field text box.