Google set to offer property dimension to UK mapping

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by edesignuk, Dec 4, 2009.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

I really hope this takes off. Sounds like ononemap.com (which is now useless), but hopefully done better and with a lot more weight behind it. Ononemap was great. Location is so important to people searching for a place to live. To be able to just look at an area on a map, and see what is for sale and where is utterly brilliant. Far better than browsing regular listings (like rightmove).

Sure the estate agents won't be too happy (you will be able to list your house yourself privately)...equally sure the rest of us won't be shedding too many tears for them.

Aussie version. Hopefully ours is every bit as good.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Just for the estate agents:

http://upc.*************/uploads/macros/littleViolin.jpg

Ononemap was fantastic so I imagine this, like most google things, will be easy and useful... eerily so.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Interesting.
    When we moved a couple years ago the then still "primitive" Google Maps helped us a lot.
    Some agents really push their luck with their descriptions… and you do not want to drive all the way to that "fabulous, centrally located, yet quiet, bijoux pied-a-terre with a wopping price tag" only to find out that you have Clapham Junction-lite in your back garden.
    Just fire up Google Maps and tell them to stop wasting your time. :p

I do wonder however when Google's going to be launching "Room View™" or "Passage View™"…
    Little robots that crawl into flats/houses on the market.

Hmm.