Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Unlike Apple, it looks like Google actually talks with (rather than at) their app developers and LISTENS to what they have to say and so is letting them provide more context as to why they are requesting the data in the privacy labels. Google is evil, but this is a good idea.
Lmao. You’re kidding right? That’s about as honest a statement as Google saying their Android user base cares about their data being shared with third parties lol. If that was the case the question I have is what about Google collecting, analyz & using/profiting off that data not a concern? Oh yeah most things are free in Android.

moreover why do developers get to state what data collection is optional & what is not. I highly doubt this will change the code in developers apps & what end users can deny. I’ll reread this article but I don’t have much faith this effort implemented on Android is going to be any different for end users.

the fact developers will explain how data is collected or used is to suit THEIR angle not the end users. apples method you will not see bs marketing double speak to convince those that don’t understand, like what we saw FB & WhatsApp try to do in the press on the web yet NOT in the description of their app in the App Store where they’re free to do so. Instead it was in a pop up of the app.
Develoeprs come correct be fully honest an open. It’s our data not yours so be honest est with what you do with it else you’ll not get my support nor my data. Period.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
This is like Pablo Escobar explaining how he is ensuring that his troops are securing the borders to fight drug trafficking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.