Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pieuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Hey people,

not sure if i am going mad (although i feel like it), basically I am trying to get rid of plugins that i downloaded for google sketch up, with no luck.

i have used app zapper, I have looked in mac hd/ library/ application support/ google sketch up 8/ ....

there is NO folder in there called plugins. Everytime i uninstall google sketch up then reinstall it, the same plugins are there, the same error pops up at the beginning telling me; Error Loading File /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins/SU_Podium_Browser
no such file to load -- /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins/SU_Podium_Browser

and Its driving me mental.

please help some one

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
There is no plugins folder, but it obviously don't know that. AppZapper really doesn't get most of the important stuff, btw, when you're trying to fix problems like this.

Look in your ~/Library/Preferences folder for anything starting with com.google.sketchup as well as com.google.keystone (that's Google's auto-updater, might be related). In addition, you can manually search the hard drive using the search box in the Finder (uses Spotlight, but provides additional options). GGJStudios will probably post his guide soon with more detail on that (if he didn't beat me to it already).

jW

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
i have used app zapper
In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:
GGJStudios will probably post his guide soon with more detail on that (if he didn't beat me to it already).
I was busy doing something important: drinking coffee! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.