Google Sktetchup Running Slowly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tnsmart, May 6, 2009.

1. tnsmart macrumors 6502

I've been running Google Sketchup version 7 on my Macbook and it has been very sluggish and freezes up. I constantly get the colorful spinning ball and it is frustrating to work with. I have a 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo Macbook with 2 GB of RAM. I've opened Activity Monitor when sketchup freezes up and noticed that there is always about 500MB of free memory and the Sketchup process never goes above 20% of the CPU. The size of the file I have been working with is 1.6 MB. Any idea how I can get it to use the available processor power and RAM? Any idea why its running like this? Every other application, including Adobe Photoshop and VMware (running Windows XP) performs just fine. Any input is appreciated.

2. tnsmart thread starter macrumors 6502

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

This is a known issue (that's been around for a few versions. I'm very disappointed with Google on this), but the solution isn't overly easy to find. I tracked it down about a month ago. Head to this forum and click on the link in the first post. It's the Sketchup ThawUp. Works much more lovely afterwards.

4. tnsmart thread starter macrumors 6502