Google street view oddities

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by allmIne, Mar 20, 2009.

1. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Sincere apologies if this has been posted before; a search revealed nothing.

Strange Google street view images

Some you'll be familiar with; others have been recently updated. They're also looking for new images, from the nascent UK street view.

andy.

2. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

Hm....I clicked on the link and was taken to a spyware removal website....

3. allmIne thread starter macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Then you clicked on a different link. It's the Times Online, now checked from two different computers on two different networks, connected to two different broadband lines, and I've never had it link to a Spyware site yet.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article1870949.ece

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Upgrade from Windows 95 and get Internet Explorer 6 with a pop up blocker.

Theres no spyware removal site on that link, it takes you to "http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article1870949.ece" which is the official UK Times newspaper website :rolleyes:

5. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I'm using a Macbook with Firefox, thank you very much. The second link works fine, but I clicked on the first link twice and each time, it took me to that same random site, where I had to close my browser to escape. I don't know what quirk caused that, but I thought I'd comment on it.

6. allmIne thread starter macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Lol! Thank you for the backup - wouldn't like anybody to think I was misleading them! :)

Jahjah - who knows. At least the second link worked :)