Google Street View will be sorely missed.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mcdj, Sep 12, 2012.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Here's to hoping Google offers a native maps app sooner than later. iOS6 3D satellite view is a card trick, not a tool.

2. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Couldn't agree more! I used Street View more than I could tell.

My dad uses it for work, he's a tree inspector/surgen, mainly deals with overhanging trees on power lines, so he always checks Street View to see exactly where the power lines, poles and trees are. He swears it's an invaluable tool for him.

Buuuut, I think Google will be releasing an app asap, within the coming weeks! Hopefully. :)

3. lamadude macrumors 6502

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Why would they not? There are other Mapping applications on the App Store.

5. lamadude macrumors 6502

Hmm, I hope you're right.

In any case, google hasn't confirmed to be working on a google maps app either, so it's not even sure they'll make one, let alone that apple approves it. I assume they got paid by apple to have them use google's data in the iphone app, with that source of income gone, do they have an incentive to make this app for iphone? Maybe they'll try and market their superior maps program as a distinguishing feature for android.

Of course they did make a google earth app and just released a youtube app, so here's hoping.

6. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

Agree with you, it's going to require a lot of work in the UK. I'm lucky in that Manchester, my local city is mapped, but anywhere outside of the city environs is in a pretty poor state.

Another forum member has helped with a temporary fix to the problem. It's a very basic app, but it'll do me for now.