Google Sync Broken in OS4??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rat-Boy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I have Google Exchange set up only for Contacts.

Then, with IMAP, I have email and notes set up.

Right now, my notes and contacts are not syncing at all.

When I first turned on the Google Exchange, the contacts loaded on to the phone. But after that, they do not seem to stay in sync.

Anyone else notice this or have any advice?

This is a major bummer as having two exchange accounts was one of the biggest features I was looking forward to.

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Yep. And I've tried everything. Removing the account then setting it back up, only turning on features (Mail, Calendars, and Contacts) one at a time, even restoring my iPod and it's still not working. I'm gonna go with what herocero said and say it's because the google servers are down because a lot of people with iPhones and iPod touches are trying to set up their account at the same time.

3. Rat-Boy thread starter macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Found the notes problem. Operator Error. LOL.

But still can't get Google Exchange to work, but I think the issue is on Google's end.

Anyone else?

4. caitlin macrumors member

caitlin

I actually have two Google Apps for Your Domain accounts set up as Exchange email on my phone (iOS4 allows multiple now).

I've been running the iOS4 since beta 1. Set both accounts up as exchange when I got everything set up again. They both worked fine for quite some time. A few weeks ago, all of the sudden, one of the accounts quit working. It won't access my email at all. Still works on my computer, though. I don't know if I did something, or something happened with the servers.

5. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I am good. It worked fine, then went a little quirky and now all good.

6. itsmequinn macrumors regular