Google sync contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Enjoylife1788, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

To sync my iPhone 4 contacts to a gmail account. I have created a new gmail account only for contacts. So I added it as an exchange account and activated contacts on that.

Now the issue is that I can see google's section in my contacts but I don't see any contacts in that. So how to push contacts from iPhone to gmail..

Like in the screen shot I have hotmail exchange and google exchange for contacts. But neither of them has any of my iPhone contacts.

Please help..

Attached Files:

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

For the first time, I think you have to setup iTunes to sync with your Gmail on your computer. Otherwise the phone can't bulk-upload your preexisting contacts. After you do the initial transfer, disable to iTunes sync to avoid duplication.

Also, there is a setting in your Mail, Contacts, and Calendars settings on your phone for Default Account. Change this to the Gmail exchange server otherwise new contacts added on your phone later won't be transmitted to Gmail.

3. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Understood the second step.. But how do u do the first one.. Initiate in iTunes??

4. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got it.. Please don't bother :)