Google Sync, Fetches mail only once on configure, doesn't push

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Antilogic, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Antilogic macrumors newbie

I've been trying to set up Google Sync on my iPhone since 9pm EST today (9/23/09), and haven't had any luck.

I have push enabled for my google apps domain, and configured the account on my iPhone. After which the current contents of my inbox were visible on the phone.

I sent my self a test email from a different account, and it never pushed. I opened my gmail account on my phone and attempted to manually fetch the email, but my inbox didn't update. I then checked the gmail web app to make sure the email was successfully delivered, which, in fact, it was.

No matter how many emails I send, they never get pushed to my iPhone, and no matter how many times I manually refresh my inbox they never show up on my iPhone.

The wierd thing is that, for the messages that do appear on my iPhone, if I read or delete them, they appear as read or delete in the gmail web app.

Anyone know what's going on here? Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

2. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

check that under settings>mail that Fetch new data is set to push. Also that under your sync account settings on the iPhone Mail is set to on. everything seems to work fine on mine.

Attached Files:

3. firedogut macrumors regular

So i set mine up and did a test e-mail....it worked. sent a 2nd e-mail and nothing. open the mail app and hit refresh......still nothing

can't figure this out

4. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

Did you end up figuring this out? I'm having exactly the same issue.

The gmail push is erratic at best, mostly does not work.
    The mail is clearly being delivered, it's in the inbox when i check via the web.

Even a manual refresh on the phone doesn't seem to pull the email down properly.

Can't figure out why this isn't working!