Google Sync Help

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by olnyguy447, Jun 12, 2013.

1. olnyguy447 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I've been trying to figure this out for over an hour and reading everything I can find on the internet about it and I still can't get it to work.

A few days ago I upgraded to an iPhone 5 from my 4 which had a Google Sync set up through the Exchange account. When I restored by backup to the 5, everything seemed to work great since I had my contacts and calendar synced. However, I noticed that the last sync was actually the day I got my 5... so it never actually re-synced with the 5, but had my info from the 4 that it received from the backup.

I even deleted the Exchange account and set it up again with hopes that it would trigger a sync but no luck (I also managed to delete my contacts on the phone by doing this, but it's fine since they're on google).

I was wondering if anyone else had issues like this when switching devices and what the solution would be. Both iPhones were running the newest version of iOS (not 7).

Thanks ahead of time!

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

3. olnyguy447 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Exchange Active Sync only works for Google Apps for Business customers on new devices.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There are old guides and how-to's for decades old stuff still in limbo on the Internet.
    This shouldn't be any surprise.

This is why most search engines supply a date with the items returned from the search. Always start with the newest to avoid your mistake.