Google Syncing my Calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by walds11, Jun 3, 2010.

1. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I currently use Google Sync to wirelessly sync my contacts. It works great. I want to start using it to sync my calendar, since I have been using it more often. Plus, I want to make sure that I can sync my calendar (and contacts) to a new iPhone in the future. Since I don't really use the google calendar on the desktop, how do I get my iPhone calendar items into the google calendar so I can starting syncing the calendar? Make sense?

I can flip the Calendar switch on in step #13, but I don't want to delete the calendar items off my iPhone. By doing step #13, will that throw the calendar items on my iPhone into the google calendar?

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

You won't be able to upload data from your iPhone calendar into google, however if you have it stored on your pc you can export it into gmail...

3. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They are not stored on my PC. Guess I am out of luck. Only option at this point is to manually enter them into the google calendar and then sync?

4. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, by clicking Keep on My iPhone, it won't sync my iPhone calendar into my google calendar?

I don't have a lot of calendar items. Only option is to manually enter them into my google calendar and then wirelessly sync to my iPhone using google sync. Will that work?

Attached Files:

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

yes set it up like the link you said (which is how you must do it now for the contacts?) and just enable calender, if you choose to keep the items on the phone it should then upload them to google, if not on the first sync at least on the second. - I see no reason why that shouldnt work

I would say do that (set it up and keep items on phone) it should then sync, load up google calender on your computer and see if the items are there, if they are not then go into the calender app on your phone and it should sync (if it doesnt shake the phone and it will start to sync) then refresh google calender on the pc and your items should be there, then it is as simple as forgeting about it when you add an entry on either one it will be instantly synced

If you buy a new iphone/get a replacement or restore you simply set it up exactly like the link says (it wont matter if you choose delete on phone or not) and all will be back on your phone after the sync
    - you can also download a backup from google (calender and contacts) and save it on your computer as a 2nd safety backup

6. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a