Google Talk not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trauma1, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

On my 3GS, I have the Google Mobile App. And for as long as I can remember, when I go into the app and select Google Talk, it opens up the Safari browser with a long-winded URL and never connects. I re-downloaded the Google Mobile App a couple of times. I did searches for this, and finally started manually typing in talk.google.com into Safari, and eventually made it a bookmark. I have been doing it that way for the past few months, and used it as recently as this morning. I just tried doing it now, and it takes me to the full website version (where it prompts to download the program for PC). It never did this before. I tried clearing out my cache/history/cookies, but it still takes me that main site.

Has anyone else had trouble accessing Google Talk through Safari? Are there any other alternate URLs I can put in?

2. Trauma1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you have anything constructive to say?

It still is not loading, and I can't imagine I'm the only one having this problem. Is anyone else able to get Google Talk to load?

3. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I just checked for you, and when I click on "talk" in the Google app, safari launches, and it loads up the login page, no issues at all for me.