Google Talk

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dingdongbubble, Jun 24, 2007.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Is there any way to use Google Talk's voice chat feature on a Mac apart from using Windows?

What other free PC to PC voice chat programs are there for a Mac that run properly? I want to talk with people with Windows.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

3. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quality?

Thanks for ur suggestions. I had forgotten about SKype. I will have to look into Gizmo. Can iChat talk with PC users? and what account will I ahve to use?

Also is the call quality as good as it is on Google Talk in all these programs?

4. vrcemechite macrumors newbie

Voice call software

Most of my friends are on YAHOO or GTALK VOICE CHAT.

How can I have a voice chat with them by using my MAC (No windows OS in parallel)

I dont wanna use skype...plz suggest

5. vrcemechite macrumors newbie

thanks/...I hope THe GTALK VOICE CALL works fine with MAC

well i am going to BUY 1 mac soon...can u anyone tell if we need to BUY the antivirus for MAC also?

6. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

No need to buy an antivirus.
    Unless you're running Windows via Bootcamp / Vmware / Paralels in which case you should get an anti virus app for Windows.

Don't worry about Mac OS X though :) Just be sure not to enter your admin password when you're not expecting to.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

They make anti-virus software for Mac???? :)

I've been using Macs for about 2 or 3 years now. Haven't bought any of that A-V nonsense, haven't had any virus issues. There is the occasional OS glitch (AirPort sometimes has a mind of its own on the MBP), but viruses won't be a problem.