Google Tasks integration with iPhone Calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onepoint, Sep 17, 2010.

1. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

I've been unable to confirm my suspicions regarding Google Tasks integration. It appears that we are unable to have our Google Tasks integrated with our "in-phone" Calendar, without having to visit Google's website (m.google.com/tasks).

On my desktop I can choose to have my Tasks appear in my Google Calendar. And my Google Calendar, minus Tasks, syncs perfectly with my iPhone Calendar via Exchange. But I cannot seem to get the Google Tasks to sync on the phone's calendar along with the rest of my appointments.

Is this a limitation on Google's side? I've read various references to "APIs" being unavailable.

I'm currently looking for apps to solve the problem, and I am giving GooTasks a try. The app works fairly well, but I can't accept the notification implementation. Does anyone know of an app that syncs with Google Tasks, that provides notifications of the number of tasks due today? GooTasks only provides notification of the overall tasks outstanding. I would greatly prefer that the notification tell me how many things are due today, as opposed to all tasks due in the future.

2. onepoint thread starter macrumors 6502a

onepoint

Answering part of my own post:

It appears that GeeTasks provides the notification options that I seek. I can set the notification to only show tasks due today, today/tomorrow, etc.

3. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

i've used GeeTasks for a while with good results.

I wonder if Pocket Informant integrates with Google Tasks...