Google Voice and Safari 5.1.4 (10.6.8)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by petisjioweelsha, Mar 13, 2012.

1. petisjioweelsha macrumors member

Google Voice won't seem to play messages from the website in Safari anymore for me.

Not sure is this is a general glitch, or if it is related to the new Safari 5.1.4, or perhaps the recent Flash update...

Can anyone else confirm this?

Safari 5.1.4
    OS X 10.6.8
    Flash 11.1.102.64

2. TimAllan macrumors newbie

Having the same issue

I too am having the same issue after installing the update to Safari 5.1.4, I can log into my account but I cannot play the message.

I did find "GrowlVoice" in the App store, I think it was $4.99 and makes a great desktop (Mac Menu Bar) google voice player. (I have nothing to do with this company, I'm simply sharing what I found to get me through till Safari starts working). The app has 33 reviews (current version), 32 5 star reviews and 1 4 star reviews.

Safari 5.1.4
    OSX 10.7.3

3. petisjioweelsha thread starter macrumors member

This was interesting.
    It started out looking like it was related to the Safari 5.1.4 update.
    Posts on the GV help forum indicated that FF, MSIE, Chrome were not affected.
    But then someone running Safari 5.0.6 reported the issue.
    Since that version of Safari hadn't had any recent changes it started to look like the issue might be with GV itself.

Turns out, GV recently tweaked it's HTML5 player in a way that (apparently old and new version of) Safari can't handle.

GV has reverted to the older Flash based player.

The issue seems to be resolved.

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/d/topic/voice/l7XuWkPxyzA/discussion